S’enregistrer  FAQ  Rechercher  Membres  Groupes  Profil  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  Connexion 
Tim Thomas

Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Mods - Ls 2013-2015 Forum Index du Forum » Mods - Ls 2013 Forum » Règlement du forum
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hongwei28
Membre

Masculin Capricorne (22déc-19jan) 鼠 Rat
Point(s): 120
Moyenne de points: 1,00

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Sep - 03:15 (2018)    Sujet du message: Tim Thomas Répondre en citant
RICHMOND Justin Ellis Jersey , Va. (AP) — Unsure of Kirk Cousins’ future, the Washington Redskins scoped out the quarterback market and saw a lot of unknowns.
They knew Minnesota’s Case Keenum, Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford were set to be free agents, scouted top draft prospects Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen and Josh Rosen, had veteran backup Colt McCoy under contract and were well-aware Kansas City had first-round pick Patrick Mahomes II waiting behind longtime starter Alex Smith. Washington turned its attention to the Chiefs, acquired Smith, signed him to an extension and handed him the keys to the starting job.
“We needed a guy that could come in here and stabilize this whole situation,” senior vice president of player personnel Doug Williams said. “And we felt like that one guy that can do that was Alex Smith.”
The Redskins on Sunday hosted the New York Jets for the first of three joint practices, the scene of a contrast between two organizations that took divergent paths to solve their quarterback situations. While Smith is established as the guy for the Redskins Anthony Averett Jersey , the Jets took Darnold third overall, signed Bridgewater, re-signed incumbent Josh McCown and put them into a three-way competition that makes training camp and the preseason a day-to-day evaluation.
“It’s just a matter of splitting up the reps and when to give what guy what and what guy the other stuff and who sees what in practice and who’ll see what in a game,” Jets coach Todd Bowles said Sunday. “They’re all different types of quarterbacks. If you have to play one in a game, you always try to tailor things to what they can and can’t do. We’re just tailoring things right now and finding out more about them each day.”
Redskins coach Jay Gruden remembers having Andy Dalton as a rookie QB when he was Cincinnati’s offensive coordinator, but that was different because the 2011 second-round pick got all the first-team snaps as the prospective starter. Bowles is playing the delicate balancing act of splitting up practice time between Darnold, Bridgewater and McCown and could wait until after the fourth preseason game to name his starter.
Smith didn’t play in Washington’s preseason opener at New England and could see only limited work Thursday against the Jets. Meanwhile, New York rotated all three of its QBs against Atlanta, and Darnold could see the most action moving forward after an impressive debut in which he was 13 of 18 for 96 yards and a touchdown.
“As he plays, he gets experience,” Bowles said. “I can get a fair evaluation of Josh. I’ve seen him play quite a bit. I’ve seen Teddy quite a bit. Sam’s the one that has to catch up.”
Darnold got plenty of first-team snaps Sunday — taking the majority of the reps for the first time this summer — and got to show what he could do in the rain against the Redskins’ first-team defense. With buzz building up about the Jets’ QB of the future Kenny Clark Jersey , the more work he gets against the NFL’s best on his own roster and others should show how ready he is to be their signal-caller of the present.
“Working with the first team, it just gets me more comfortable with those guys, and I think they get more comfortable with me and the way that I like to play,” Darnold said. “But no matter who’s out there, you’ve got to run the play.”
Bowles wouldn’t reveal his plans for the second preseason game other than to say “all quarterbacks need to be ready to play.” After starting 13 games last year, the 39-year-old McCown figures coaches have a pretty good idea of what he can do at this point, and Bridgewater is cherishing any chance he can get.
“I look at it as I love the opportunity to show what I can do as a quarterback and as a leader,” Bridgewater said. “Whether it’s two reps or eight reps, I want to maximize and capitalize (on) each rep and take advantage of it.”
Gruden’s job with Smith as the starter and McCoy as the backup is more clear-cut. He’d still like to get Smith enough action to be comfortable for Week 1 but doesn’t envy the situation Bowles is in with three starting candidates and only one football.
“They’re in competition,” Gruden said. “They have three very good quarterbacks. They’re trying to find out. So it’s probably difficult for them to get them all equal reps and see what they can do.”
NOTES: The Redskins say RT Morgan Moses is OK after he was knocked down in a post-play fight during 11-on-11 drills Sunday. …. Washington OT Ty Nsekhe aggravated what the team called a lower-extremity injury. … WR Robert Davis is out for the season with knee and leg injuries. … Bowles said RB Isaiah Crowell (concussion) and OT Kelvin Beachum (foot) were among the Jets players left at home.
Ex-player Joel Wilkinson has accused the Australian Football League of racism and said he plans to lodge a claim with the Australian Human Rights Commission. Wilkinson, who was born in Sydney and is of Nigerian descent Patrick Onwuasor Jersey , played 26 matches in the top-flight national league for the Gold Coast Suns from 2011 to 2013.
"I'm here because I won't be silenced anymore and what has happened has been a continuous breach of human rights," Wilkinson said while reading from a statement on Thursday. "I have suffered extreme racism during my time in the AFL and post my career."
Wilkinson, who had unsuccessful tryouts at cornerback with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and New York Giants, said he was racially abused by an opposing player during his first AFL game for Gold Coast in 2011.
The following year, he said was racially abused by a supporter of the Collingwood club during a match in Melbourne.
He didn't get another contract after leaving the Suns after the 2013 season, although he did feature in a "Making A Stand" video produced by the AFL's media department in 2014 where he discussed the devastating impact racism had on his career. The video was part of the AFL's 2014 club education program, which the league said was designed "to promote safe, welcoming and inclusive environments for everyone involved in football."
Other players, including Sydney Swans star Adam Goodes, who has Aboriginal heritage and has won an Australian of the Year honor for his work against racism, have been the target of a racist slurs while playing in the top level of the league.
Wilkinson's lawyer Will Barsby said two other former players had made contact following Wilkinson's recent accusations against the league Mark Bavaro Jersey , but didn't identify the players and said it was unclear whether the two also wanted to take legal action.
Barsby said Wilkinson lost his place at the Suns because he became too much trouble.
"He was labelled as a grandstander ... Joel experienced much racism during his time (in the AFL) and that has been documented publicly," Barsby said. "That became a problem and like any workplace, sometimes an employer doesn't want to keep that perceived problem child around."
The AFL issued a statement saying it respected "a person's right to pursue claims through the legal system", while noting it was sorry Wilkinson had been racially abused during his time as a footballer.
"We will continue to work with Joel to resolve this matter," the AFL statement said.
Australian rules was developed in the late 1850s and has similarities to Ireland's Gaelic football, but uses an oval-shaped ball and teams comprising 18 players score points by kicking the ball between four upright posts at each end of the field.
The Victorian Football League was formed in 1896 and eventually became the Australian Football League when the competition expanded across the country. It remains the only professional Australians Rules league in the world.
Wilkinson had a background in track and field before taking up Aussie rules later in high school. He was a member of the Suns squad when the club first joined the AFL in 2011.
 New Orleans Saints Elite Jerseys

Mer 19 Sep - 03:15 (2018)
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 19 Sep - 03:15 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité
PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Mer 19 Sep - 03:15 (2018)
Poster un nouveau sujet  Répondre au sujet   Mods - Ls 2013-2015 Forum Index du Forum » Règlement du forum

Page 1 sur 1
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation